Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

HE Leads Me

 Greeting My Beauties!!!!

This has been quite a week in the Greater Boston area. All of Massachusetts, New England, and the world have been riveted by the bombing, the deaths, the injuries, the manhunt and capture of the suspects. To say the least, it has been profoundly disturbing, unsettling and unimaginable. Like most of the world, I could not turn off the media coverage. I would have liked to say that I was calm and peaceful through the unfolding events but I was not.

At the end of last year I stopped my weekly blogging in obedience to a call form God for my silence in my life ( both around me and from me). It has been a  greater challenge than I thought it would be. I have been doing pretty good at creating a quit and peaceful life around me AND working diligently at stopping all my chatter. The latter has proved to be the biggest challenge. BUT I can report some recognizable progress!!!!!

SO what happened to me this week?  I was swept right up into the tsunami of media and social networking. The more I watched and listened the more peace was pulled from me. As my attention was moved from God's goodness to the evil I was more agitated.

Oh, I don't want  you to think that I was not taking to God through all of this because i was! I was praying through  he whole week. the difference was my attention was moved from the light of God's presence to the darkness and the Holy Spirit within me was grieved. I literally felt that sickness in my spirit.

At night I had to reset my attentions to my Lord. Not just in conversation ( prayer) but  by running to His Presence. THAT is where I belong, close to the Lord of my life, with my eyes focused on Him. This does not mean I am unaware of the world around me or  tragic events but it does put me in a place to live in peace, God's peace, NOT fear.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want .He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters, he restores my soul. Psalm 23:1-3a

When we are led by our Shepherd , He leads us to places of rest, refreshment  and restoration.
So I turn my attentions fully back to His Light and Goodness as I run into His Presence, into His Grace, into His Peace,....He is waiting.

Setting my face like flint,
ruthann

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Ruthann, for a timely post, I also need to reset my attentions to the Lord!