Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Under His WIng


The day started out as any other, I had a quiet heart and a peaceful mind until the phone rang.

It is amazing how one phone call can change my entire state of mind ( but not the state of my heart).

The call was like being rocketed up to the top of the rollercoaster. You know that platform where you sit and wait to be plunged into all kinds of twists and turns at harrowing speeds?

That is where I sat and I could barely breathe. For a few hours I was, I hate to admit, riding that rollercoaster in my mind. Thoughts twisting and turning at warp speed inside my own head trying to figure it all out. What should “I” do? Who should “I” call?

Now I know what I am suppose to do  and I know the promises that God has made to me, so WHY did I insist on handling things by myself???? If you have the answer to that I really would like to know. I suppose I already know the answer though. Pride. My pride allows me to believe I can handle things, any thing!
My wisdom has never served me well in the past so why would I want to trust in that NOW!!! My own understanding, wisdom and strength sends me racing through a “double loop the loop” and  I end up feeling tossed about and often sick to my stomach.

I can’t say when exactly things changed but finally, they did. My remembrance of His Word brought me to call for help, the universal emergency number, 91:1.

“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.” (Psalm 91:1NIV)

I ran to Him and cried out for His Divine Help.


“Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord, O, Lord hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.” (Psalm 130:1 NIV)

I turned my mind from my troubles and ran to God. When I turned to HIM and put my hope in HIM it was like that rollercoaster ride was done. I had made it safely back to the platform. I could open my eyes, for the panic was over and  I could take a breath again. My head began to clear, my quiet heart beat with a slower pace and I was able to concentrate  on the people around me that needed me. And only then could I offer His wisdom and peace. His wisdom has ALWAYS proven good and true!

If  I had not spent time studying God’s Word and cultivating a quieter heart I would have remained in a state of panic and confusion. I would not have known where to turn in a time of trouble. I would have been unable to find rest until their was resolution.  With God in control I was able to find rest in the midst of the trouble. Not only did I find rest, I slept better then I had in days because I was tucked in under the shadow of the Almighty’s wing.

 I am happy to say that the problem was resolved and even though the entire week was filled with a string  of strange and stressful events, God’s peace and rest prevailed.

Another week is about to begin and I have no idea what lies ahead but I do know that my faith has once again increased in measure. Each time I face a problem or a crisis with my hope in God and my heart steadfast on the Lord I know I will find rest and safety. I may get tossed about a bit but I will not be shaken.

Find rest O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him,. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.” (Psalm 62:5-6)

Unshaken,
ruthann

No comments: