Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A NEW Resolution

It's New Years Eve and I can't help but think about resolutions. I don't usually partake in them. I learned a long time ago that they just don't work for me.  Not the traditional ones that I have made in the past like, exercising more, getting up earlier so my devotion time could be at daybreak, losing more weight, learning to speak more Spanish and so and so on. This year however, the notion came back to me that there was MORE required for me by the LORD. I just finished a 3 week Daniel fast during which time the LORD continued to speak to me about my need to move into a NEW level of intimacy with HIM.

I love the LORD and have devoted the past 11 years to full time ministry both in a paid position and as a full time volunteer. I have worked hard for HIM serving the poor stateside and globally,worshiping HIM, and performing lots of administrative duties.  However, I have realized that the MORE HE is requiring is for me to have MORE of HIM.  My busyness for HIS Kingdom was taking time away from my spending time with HIM. For the past few months I have been making a deliberate effort to be with HIM MORE. I have slowed down my schedule and have mad MOE time for HIM in my EVERY day. I can honestly say that i do feel closer to HIM then ever but I know that it is still not enough.

This leads me back to the subject of this post, my NEW years resolution. This year I desire to know the LORD MORE, to love Jesus MORE!   Like the Psalmist, David, this year there is "one thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." (Psalm 27:4 emphasis mine)

In 2012" Your face LORD I will seek." (Psalm 37:8b) for there is nothing MORE important then HIM,.SO expect to hear more about MORE prayer, MORE waiting on HIM, MORE time worshiping HIM, MORE ways of lavishing love on HIM and just MORE of Jesus!!!!! I am SO  excited about this new year and what it truly means to "gaze on the beauty of the LORD"  and I look forward to sharing it all here with you. So here's to NEW resolutions AND gazing!!!!

May you gaze on the beauty of the LORD in 2012 and all the days of your life,
ruthann


No comments: