Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Unending Pursuit

Despite the craziness of the season I am thoroughly engrossed in a most excellent book The Pursuit of God  by A.W. Tozier. Although the book is amazing and has given me much to ponder ( which I will talk about at another time) the very concept of pursuit is what is on my mind today.

I didn't become a Christian  until my adult life. I lived in the world with all of it's world views and was under the saturating power of the media.My concept of who I was had been formed and molded by the media and the people in my life. I praise God now for the parents that HE gave me, for without them I would not have had any counterbalance to this distorted self view. However, God,being the totally amazing God that HE is, pursued me over my life. When I look back over my life I can pinpoint multiple people in each decade that HE placed in my path to share the Gospel with me. I remember a compelling pull to HIM but unfortunately, each time in my earlier days, I rejected HIM and  HIS wonderful invitation to LIFE and went back to my life.

But The Lord is relentless in HIS pursuit of us. HE chased after me, dropping nuggets of HIS Truth, testimonies told about HIS Unfailing Love for me!!! Scripture reveals  in Hosea 2"14 "Therefore, I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her".

 Oh HE did just that as I eventually was allured into a bible study where I met HIM and gave my life to HIM. From that point on I began to daily seek after HIM. The deepest desire of my heart is to know HIM better and to serve HIM  with my life. And so I have thought that since I entered into a relationship with God that now I was  the pursuer. The pursuee had become the pursuer and The Pursuer had become the Pursuee. WRONG!!!!

God never stops drawing us closer to HIMSELF. The more we pursue HIM the more He pursues us!!! From cover to cover the bible testifies to God's desire to have us do life with HIM. Since the beginning of time God has wanted  YOU!!!  I don't know if that statement overwhelms you as much as it does me but it is a life changer. Comprehending that God loves you so much that HE is in endless pursuit of YOU. Look for HIM. Listen for HIM.. Feel for HIM, HE is there alluring you to come ever closer.

I will still get up tomorrow and seek hard after God even though I know HE will spend the day reaching out to me. HE will be setting up divine appointments, painting marvelous sunsets, speaking to me through friends and songs and awakening me to new revelations in HIS Word. We will spend the day pursuing each other!!

"One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and seek him n his temple." (Psalm 27:4)

 Here's to Pursuing HIS Beauty!


1 comment:

Holly Schwarz said...

Marvelous Ruthann! Thanks for sharing!