Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

People make the Memories

This weekend I'm visiting my newly engaged brother-in-law and sister-in-law-to-be in Virginia. I'm back visiting places and friends that were a big part of my life for the 3 years I lived here for school.

I spent the morning this morning visiting with the 2 kids I used to babysit for and talking with their beautiful mother who was so wonderful to me while I was living here. Now 5 and 2, the kids have grown and changed so much. As I sit here reflecting as they nap upstairs, I realize how truly honoring t is for a family to let you be a part of their lives. I have been truly blessed having them be a part of my story.

I'm also reflecting on all the memories of people not here anymore; my best friends from college, my old roommates, my old co-workers, my old professors...As we've all moved up and onward with our lives, it's so strange to be in the same town, at the same store, driving down the same streets-yet it's all so different now. It's so different because what made most of those memories great is gone-the people.

The people God puts in our life are undoubtedly there for a reason. Relationships are worth it and if you're struggling through an important one right now-hold tight and prayerfully work through it. It's people that matter. The places of our lives mean nothing without the people that make the memories.

God truly does so ordain our steps and journey. I did not enjoy every second of being away at school. I questioned whether it was the right move, I questioned whether it would be worth it. I questioned that part of my journey a lot.

I would be a very different person if God hadn't kept me here in good ole' Lynchburg, VA. Some of the people I care so deeply for and who have so impacted my life wouldn't have been a part of it. If your questioning where you are right now, have faith-you're there for a reason.

Have a blessed weekend,
Jill



No comments: