Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering His Love

Eleven years ago today was one of the hardest days of my life and I remember it like it was yesterday.

I spent the day with two little boys distracting them (as best I could) from the trauma of the day. It didn't work very well.

They had tough questions that couldn't be answered.

 We waited and prayed with family and friends for the call that never came.

Their father, a friend and fellow servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, died that day at the World Trade Center in New York City.

That Tuesday, September 11th  is frozen in time in my memory.

Although the months that followed that terrifying day have become a bit of a blur there is one thing that is crystal clear, Love.

In the midst of the heartbreak, confusion, and fear the lives of these two boys and their mother were permeated with love. Love from God expressed through family, friends, members of their church AND total strangers.

God walked with them through the long and arduous valley of death, and even though they couldn't always feel or see HIM through their pain, HE was there. HIS fingerprints of Love are all over their lives.

I along with so any others, miss my friend. I miss his constant challenging to go deeper into God's Word .I miss his mischievous smile and his love and sold out devotion to Jesus. The world lost a wonderful man and the boys lost a wonderful dad.

The boys are both in college now and I pray that they will one day come to fully "grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ (Ephesians 3:18b).

For the love of God is AMAZING and FAITHFUL and ETERNAL and it transcends all evil.

Humbly,
ruthann


No comments: