Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Holding It All Together

My life is fairly calm and for the most part predictable. I can usually give you a fairly accurate prediction of what any given week would be like with a glance at my calendar.

I am an organized person and I like to have a plan. I admit that I like to have some control over how my days are spent. (I have written about this before; remember my "to-do lists"?) Even though I like to have some control I have learned the hard way to abandon my agenda and follow God's instead.

This past week was one of those that I had to be willing to delete my schedule and go with God's. He put me smack dab into an environment and circumstance that was way out of my comfort zone and WAY out of my control.

But I knew I was not alone. God, El Roi, sees ME. God knows MY situations and is there in the midst of it with ME.

One night when  I was exhausted and stressed out He revealed Himself to me.  I was preparing for an upcoming bible study in the book of Colossians when He reminded me of who He is.

"-everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him. He was there before any of it came into existence and holds it all together right up to this moment." Colossians 1:6-7 The Message

He was supreme in the beginning and-leading the resurrection parade-he is supreme in the end. From beginning to end he's there, towering far above everything,everyone." Colssians 1:18b The Message

Our God is Supreme and He holds everything together in His Son, Jesus Christ. He always has and always will and He IS right now.

What a relief to know that God sees our situations and is there holding it all together.  He even was there holding me together this week.

If you fee like you are all alone or in a situation that you can't control, take heart that God is Supreme. He wants to be supreme in your life as you have a relationship with His Son, Jesus.

..."but all the broken and dislocated pieces of the universe- people and things, animals and atoms- get properly fixed and fit together in vibrant harmonies, all because of his death, his blood that poured down from the cross."
 Colossians 1:20


Held by Him,
ruthann








No comments: