Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Tomorrow?

I don't have Internet at my house. So, when I go to Brooke's house I catch up on reading my blogs, Facebook, browsing for shopping deals, and my favorite...Pinterest. Pinterist is on online pin board where you can pin images from all over the web and get GREAT ideas!. I have a "pin board" for home decor, party planning, outfits, future baby things, and more. I absolutely love that I can have all these great, creative ideas in one place. 


Last night, as I spent hours "pinning" I had this inner dialogue of "when I have a different apartment I'll to this" and "when I have a house I'll do this" and "when I finish school I'll do this" and "when I have a baby I'll do this"....and then all the sudden I remembered, James 4:13-14 which says, "Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" and Proverbs 27:1 which says,  "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring."


I spent all that time planning out what I would do or buy or create....when I'm not promised tomorrow even!


I think we often do the same this when it comes to God. "God, I'll start giving when I make more" or "God, I'll start serving when I have more time." or "God, I'll start leading when I'm better"... Listen friends, we don't have time to wait until we make more, or have more, or get better. We need to just discern God's calling for our lives and do it now! 


If he says "give" and we say "not yet" and then we lose our tomorrow, what do we say as we're standing before Him? If He says "lead" and we say "not yet" and then the person He intended us to lead loses their tomorrow, what shall we say?


We shouldn't be living on our timing, but God's. Follow the words about in James, verse 15 says,  "Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that." We ought to stop "planning" and start "doing"...because we are promised many things in the Bible, "tomorrow" is not one of them. 


So if you want to make a change, or fix a relationship, or if you feel called by God to do something and you're hesitating.... keep in mind that you're not promised tomorrow. See if it changes how you approach life. 


Be Blessed, 
Jill



No comments: