Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Becoming Beautiful

Most of you know about my love for home decorating (I've written about it before) and pouring through magazines, websites and "picking" at old country consignment shops. This summer I picked up a book called "Undecorate" by  Christine Lemieux which highlights a simple, no-rules,movement to decorating.

I love the idea of decorating a home not by rules but rather with items that have personal meaning, items that have been handed down, treasures found on trips and just various things that you are passionate about. I believe that creating a special living environment  evolves as you live. It becomes more beautiful as you add expressions of your life to it. The beauty comes from the life lived.

And I want women to get in there with the men in humility before God, not primping before a mirror or chasing the latest fashions but doing something beautiful for God and becoming beautiful doing it. 
1 Timothy 2:9-10 The Message

God's Word says that HE wants women to be in there praying with the men ! HE says that the way that women become truly  beautiful is by doing something beautiful for God. That means praying and worshipping God.

When Mary of Bethany broke the alabaster jar of perfume and anointed Jesus HE said "She has done a beautiful thing to me." Mark 14:6b NIV And HE went on to say that "Truly I tell you,wherever the gospel is preached throughout he world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her." Mark 14:9

Do you see that it's a big deal to God when we do something beautiful for HIM.  It pleases HIM and HE think we are beautiful!!!

I want to be beautiful for God and to God. How about you?

Live beautifully,
ruthann








No comments: