Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Held Fast

Last week at church I was talking to two young parents and admiring their beautiful baby daughter when she reached out and grabbed my finger. Even at a few months old her grip on me was strong, she was not letting go.  She stared at me with a big smile  and held on fast.

It made me start to think about when my kids were young and we would hold hands. We held hands so I could guide them to our destination. We held hands so that I could protect them as they crossed the street or from getting lost in a crowd. 

We held hands because they had to face a scary situation, like a shot at the doctors. We held hands so we couldd twirl around  in circles and laugh together.

There were times  I held on so tight that they could not slip or pry themselves from my grip. 

I held on so tight because I love them.

Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. Psalm 139:7-10 NIV (emphasis mine)

Our Father in Heaven  is holding us with HIS holy, all powerful right hand. And HE will never let us go. No matter how close or far you are from HIM, HE has you in HIS grip.

Be encouraged dear sisters, there is nowhere you can go that HE is not still holding on to you. HE loves you and will never leave you. "Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged . for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9c

Held Fast,
ruthann

No comments: