Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

In the Silence

 I have always talked a lot. As a child I dreaded getting my elementary report card  because more often than not I received the dreaded "U' for unsatisfactory in self control. I just couldn't stop talking to the people around me.

My family says I talk from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to sleep. And sometimes sleep doesn't even stop me.

I talk to my dogs all day when no one else is home. I talk when no one really even seems to be listening. For some reason I like to talk. I like to express my self with words.

Along with talking I have always liked to write as well. I have written poems, letters, lists of ideas and for the past year this blog ( along with some of my sisters in Christ).

Over the course of this blog writing year God has been speaking to me. I wrote a blog entry on February 5th about  cultivating a quieter heart this year. I have learned to spend more and more of my time in silence, just listening to God and listening to the sounds of nature of an ordinary day. I have come to love the silence and even begun to quiet my own mouth a bit these last months.

However,I feel the tug of God to go to a deeper place with HIM in a quieter life. Literally, less of my voice and WAY MORE OF HIS VOICE.

.Be silent before the Sovereign LORD, for the day of the LORD is near. Zeph 1:7

"In the quiet of my soul, in the stillness, I hear Your voice call." More Than A Friend by Jeremy Riddle

It has been a Beauty Full year my beautiful friends and I thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts and inspirations but for now I will say good-bye to blog writing. I will be spending MORE time listening and less speaking or writing my own thoughts.

If HE prompts me I will share what HE is teaching me. Oh, I have a lot to learn and this will be a grand challenge for me. My fellow bloggers  will still be writing  so be encouraged by their journeys in this beauty-full life.

I love you all and am grateful for the time we have shared here and what I have learned about the Greatness of our God through this journey.

Keep on filling your lives with HIS Beauty and DO something beautiful for HIM every day!!

Let your crowns of beauty shine for HIS Glory.
ruthann






No comments: