Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fasting

As you read this post I will be in the desert of Juarez, Mexico working at Resplandor de Vida, an orphanage for abandoned and children of extreme poverty. I have been a part of this ministry since we first dug the foundation in April of 2005.

Last week I confessed to you my small struggle when God put this opportunity in my path. Although I love Mexico and the work we do there it was not in "my" agenda" for this July. But we all know how "my agenda" goes.... right out the window when God calls.

So I am there in Juarez  and this post was written and scheduled to be posted on Tuesday the 17th. When I return I will fill you in on what divine appointments God had for me in Mexico but for now I will leave you with a Scripture to ponder.


Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen; to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide  the poor  wanderer with shelter- when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? Isaiah 58:6-7


Blessings,
ruthann

No comments: