Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Garden Faith


I have a wee small garden at the bottom of my stairs
The ease with which I tend to it has nary any cares

I water in the morning and then again at night
But most of all the other times it’s barely in my sight

Though sometimes I add nutrients to seep within the soil
The sunlight it requires does not fall within my toil

And on the days that summer rains have sprinkled, poured or showered
I’ve hardly had to do a thing but yet each plant has flowered

I tidy up from time to time by plucking out the weeds
But overall I find that it has very meager needs

What started out as seedlings have grown to stems so tall
That they barely now resemble what they started as at all

From simple tender sprouting each one has taken root
Each bloom that’s burst, then fallen has uncovered precious fruit

In awe I watch the mystery of reaping what is sown
A harvest of what still remains so virtually unknown

God gives the seed, the sunshine, the water and the earth
And we are left with little but to oversee the birth

The wonder of its process is all in His creating
Our role in it is simple and mostly rests on waiting

For He provides the substance, the nurture and the place
Just like the all sufficiency of His amazing grace

Our gardening is just a chance to help Him, if we must
But in His eyes what brings Him joy is our belief and trust.

Gratefully HIS,

Jan

No comments: