Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Find A Secret Place


I have this favorite place where I park which overlooks an inlet of Onset Bay. The serenity found there especially in the early morning is exceptional and conducive for Bible reading, praying and writing. The view encompasses a composite of God’s great creation with an assortment of man’s touches; ocean and sky, sunshine and shade, sandy shoreline and lush foliage, simple shanty cottages and regal Victorian houses, dingy dinghies and stately yachts, jagged rocks forming jutting blockades that could hamper travel yet nearby two well engineered bridges, solitude and yet an ability to observe flurries of human activity.

What does God see when he looks down on such a scene? If I, in my simplemindedness, can value its diversity, imagine how God does. And this scene is pristine in comparison with others. In our active daily lives so much of what happens around us seems to make little sense at times. Its then that God needs to be our primary view. And we need to try to see things through His eyes.

While we and our world appear to be in constant flux, God never changes. He is the constant whose gracious plan is always for our good. He is not only Creator but Restorer. He is Maintainer and Sustainer. He is Designer and Remodeler. He is Preserver and Recycler. He adjusts all things so that they can be useful to us.

Romans 8:28 says, And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”

The concerns on my heart are heavy. A lot of them are for ones I love. Some are for those I don’t even know, like the victims of tragedies. They include trouble and hardship, sorrow and danger, illness and need, confusion and fear. So the prayers that I pray must not be just spoken, but filled with faith.

Ultimately the best way to build up our faith and release our cares and prayers to God is to spend devoted time with Him and in His Word.

Psalm 91 says,
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

So if you’re at a restless pace
Or falling back within the race
I hope you’ll find a peaceful place
An easy access quiet space
One that lets you glimpse His face
And see His view and perfect grace.

Gratefully HIS,

Jan

No comments: