Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

second chances

A few weeks ago, I wrote about Jonah and obedience.

Last week, we had a guest speaker at church, who spoke about, you guessed it, Jonah.

One of the comments he made has been stuck in my head since then.

He said, "Jonah's call was to be a prophet, but he chose to be a judge instead."

Lord, don't let that be me!!  Don't let me take something You have for me to do, and do something totally different.

And when I do, I'm thankful for this scripture..

"Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time.." (Jonah 3:1)

The guest speakers message was on second chances.. Once again, Jonah is a perfect example for me, this time for God's gift of second chances. I am so grateful for them.

If you're needing a second chance today, take it. As Jill said in her post on Friday, you never ever have to be the same.

Brooke











No comments: