Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Taking Hold

One of my three dogs, Lucy, a Boston Terrier loves to play tug o war. She can be sound asleep in the chair and somehow she  knows when I look in her direction.

 If I make eye contact it's all over. Lucy springs into action frantically looking for the nearest toy. Within seconds I will have a toy pressed against my leg as she stares with huge, pleading eyes for me to take hold and pull.




She is relentless. She is persistent.   I can say over and over "Not now Lucy! " but she will not give up. I can push her away but she keeps coming back.

 She will sit at my feet with the toy in her mouth, keeping her eyes fixed on me and wait. Every few minutes she will try again with eyes full of hope.

She will not stop until I finally take hold of the other end of her toy and pull. And once Lucy has a hold, she will not let go!


"Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word". (Hebrews 10:23 The Message) emphasis mine

God's Word is filled with countless promises for us. SO what would it be like if we were to take hold of these promises and not let go? 

What if we held on so tightly that even the life situations that give us a bit of a whiplash wouldn't loosen our grip?  

What if we awoke each morning knowing that we have God on our side of this tug o war match called life?

What if we had the persistence of Lucy and of the widow that Jesus speaks of in the parable in Luke 18:1-8?.

"Jesus told then a story showing that it was necessary for them to pray consistently and never quit." (Luke 18:1-1 The Message)emphasis mine

What if we started to pray consistently and cling to the promises of God. What if we started to have the tenacity of someone who has their eyes fixed on God, knowing HE ALWAYS KEEPS HIS WORD?

I am convinced that life would be different (more beauty full in fact) if our eyes stayed fixed on Jesus and we waited for HIM. If we grabbed hold of HIM and never let go!

Are you ready to take hold ?

Be Beauty Full,
ruthann



.



No comments: