Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Living Differently

Yesterdays Living Beauty Full Moment featured a music video from Tenth Avenue North called "You are More". If you didn't get a chance to listen I encourage you do so and really listen. Take in the words of this song because it is based on Truth.

"...anyone united with the Messiah  gets a fresh start, is created new. the old life is gone;  a new life burgeons!." 2 Corinthians 5:17 The Message

When we accept Christ as our Lord and Savior we are forgiven, the sins of our past are no more and we are given a new start at life. We no longer need to identify ourselves by our pasts.When God looks at us HE sees us as beautiful and righteous because HE sees HIS Son in us!!!

I know God sees me this way. I have spent years ridding the ungodly beliefs that the world and the Enemy placed in my mind. I intentionally replaced those lies with God's Truth found in Scripture. I have embraced that I am a new creation. I know that I am not defined by the mistakes I made or the offenses that happened to me. He has made me beautiful!!!!!!

"Our firm decision is to work from this focused center: One man died for everyone. That puts everyone in the same boat. He included everyone in his death so that everyone could also be included in his life, a resurrection life, a far better life than people ever lived on their own. Because of this decision we don't evaluate people by what they have or how they look. " 2 Corinthians 5:14-16 The Message


I have embraced this Truth for myself but do I allow this Truth to extend to others? Do I judge others behavior or the way they look with a different standard of Truth?

When I see a homeless person on the street what are my thoughts?

When I hear about someone addicted to drugs what is my response?

When I hear about a church friend struggling with strongholds what kind of words do I speak?

When family members don't meet my expectations do I hand our judgement or love?

          "So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view." 
                                           2 Corinthians 5:18 NIV

How might our churches be different if each person that entered truly believed that they were made new in Christ no longer defined by their pasts?

How might our churches be different if we looked at each other and saw the Truth, people made new in Christ, no longer defined by their pasts?

How might our families be different if each member believed that they were no longer defined by their past mistakes?

How might our families be different if we saw each other as God sees us, new in Christ, made beautiful in Christ?

How might the world be different if we lived the Truth that we are "all in the same boat", that Jesus died for each and every person no matter their past and current mistakes and offered HIS love and Grace and Forgiveness?

How might we live differently if we didn't evaluate people by what they have or how they look ?


How might you live differently starting today?

Humbly,
ruthann












No comments: