Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

HIS Princess Bride


The joy and beauty of weddings has been a recurring theme for me in the past few days. I know a couple of my sister bloggers just came back from celebrating at the wedding of a darling we all know. I’ve been reminiscing my own because my anniversary is coming up. I purposely listened yesterday to the song “Forever Forever” that I had chosen for my wedding procession and it brought me right back to the awesome wonder of it all. Then just last night while wiping down tables after serving at a soup kitchen, I heard one of the little guests, a girl of about 9 years old, tapping out a tune on the piano that strongly resembled the tune of the traditional wedding march. This morning on my walk I passed a display of bridal wreath pouring lavishly over a fence. If I did some research it would probably show that the majority of weddings take place in May and June.

All this led me to ponder being a bride. Probably every little girl dreams at one time or another (or a zillion) of being one. It’s kind of right up there with being a princess. And they really are one and the same. Because what young (or old) sweetie doesn’t long to be loved, chosen and cherished forever by a prince?

Well, beauties, married or not, you get your wish! Because the Prince of Peace, the Son of the Highest King, has chosen you for His very own. He has bought your perfect gown, fitted it especially to you, spread out a carpet and sung a song of love over you that can lead you right into His arms.

For those of you still waiting for your earthly prince, rest easy in the arms of Prince Jesus. He has all your yearnings on His mind and is able to fill them all.

For those who are presently sharing life with your earthly prince and with the Lord of All, devote yourself to both of them. I hope that you are able to ask each one of them to assist you in your devotion towards the other.

For those who may have lost your earthly prince, I pray that there are reminiscent moments for you that play a comforting melody in your heart. I know the Son of the Father of eternity lovingly chooses to be your kinsman redeemer, just as Boaz was to Ruth in the Old Testament.

For those who may be needing a reconciliation with any or all of the princes in your life, remember that you were born to be a princess. And in that position of royalty, you are destined to pursue and possess grace and harmony in your life.

If you’re feeling today like the bridal gown doesn’t quite fit, or the crowning veil is a bit askew, or maybe the fancy jeweled slippers are causing you some discomfort, there is a sacred wedding planner whose very purpose is to refine and steady you, comfort and console you, teach and remind you, prepare and uphold you. The King and Prince have sent the Best Man, Holy Spirit, to perfect your readiness to be wholly loved and loving. And you, dear princess and bride, are Beauty-Full in His sight!

Gratefully HIS,

Jan

No comments: