Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Moving On - A Graduation Tribute

Once upon a time, in 1990, a tiny little baby was born. She had HUGE blue eyes, and wispy blond hair that tended to stick straight up off her head most of the time. She was the most perfectly wonderful baby sister I'd seen since 1988, when the first perfectly wonderful baby sister was born. She didn't have a name for quite a few days, but finally "Kerrie" was chosen. I was kind of upset that there's not many nicknames for Kerrie, but now she loves it when Heather calls her keeeee...beeeeeee.


Pay no attention to my hair, or the fact that I'm apparently not wearing pants. We lived in the country.. pants were optional.

Here she is just a bit older, so you can really see just how adorable she was. That's Jill with her, also adorable.



This is how I usually remember her, a little girl, still tiny, playful, funny, loving.  That's the amazing dad I talk about so often :)



Tomorrow afternoon, my perfectly wonderful baby sister graduates college.  She is no longer a tiny baby, a little girl.

She's still my baby sister, but more importantly, she's my friend. She loves me when I'm cranky, folds my laundry when I don't feel like it (which is often), loves Heather as much as I do.  She tells me to shut up when I'm being stupid, and cuddles with me on the couch when I'm feeling overly emotional. She has dance parties with Heather and singalongs in the car. She loves Jesus and she serves Him well. She loves Harry Potter, and puts up with me making fun of her for it. She shares my obsession with Bones, and most of my other fake TV relationships. She helps me paint, and doesn't mind moving furniture at midnight, which is usually when I get the urge.She likes it when I cook for her, and doesn't mind when I don't want to. On top of all this, the girl likes to clean the bathroom. She's compassionate, sacrificial, and pretty hilarious.  Like I said, perfectly wonderful.

I don't know what's next for her, except that she's finally coming home after 4 years (bonus- I get to leave the house now!!) but I know the Lord has plans for her- and I know that she'll be a blessing where ever she lands.

I've got to pack, and then get Heather to the airport, since she's been waiting to get a treat from Kerrie for 3 months.  I'm really looking forward to this reunion:




I love the chorus of this Sidewalk Prophets song (and am currently practicing it non-stop so I can sing Plumkin to sleep with it), and it's seems fitting to pray the words over my perfectly wonderful baby sister this week as she leaves one part of her life behind, and moves on to the next.



Brooke

No comments: