Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

OnTarget

As a child I went to summer camp and I didn't much like it. I was and still am a person that likes to set my own agenda. I also am not a very athletic person so I didn't enjoy or excel in many of the activities.

There was one activity  however that I did like; archery.  I don't think that I ever did get a bulls-eye but I hit the target! I even came pretty close to the center of the target on occasion.

In archery I knew what my goal was- to hit the target and better yet to hit the center. My walk of faith with Jesus is much the same. My goal is God. My goal is to be as close to Jesus as I can be, in the center of the target  ( and i don't mean the store ). I  have to make decisions everyday about my life under the scope of "is this bringing me closer to my target?".  And honestly, I very often miss the mark.

"So now Israel, what do you think God expects from you? Just this:Live in his presence in holy reverence, follow the road  he sets out for you, love him, serve God, your God with everything you have in you today-live a good life." Deuteronomy 10:12-13 the Message

God desires us to live in His presence!  He isn't telling us to just come and be with Him once a day or just on Sunday. God wants us to LIVE in His Presence.

God does not tell us to go away to a secluded place to be with Him, He tells us to LIVE in HIS Presence and this is no easy task. Our enemy knows that when we are in the center; close to God, that we have more wisdom, knowledge, strength and power and he will do anything to keep us from reaching our target. The enemies distractions are endless.

God tells us in our Scripture today that we should follow the road He has set out for us. Did you note my emphasis on the word"He"? God tells us to follow the road He has set for us, not our own path. When we spend time with God in prayer, worship, waiting and studying His Word He will reveal His path for us.

God tells us to love Him and serve Him with everything that is in us for this is the way to the center of the target. Every word that we speak and every action we make ought to show HIM how much we love HIM.

What is your goal? Is your eye on the right target-God? 

Are you practicing and taking aim with your hearts desire of hitting the bulls-eye- living in the presence of God?

Take a good honest look today at your life, your decisions, your hearts. Are they heading toward the center of the target -God?

If you desire to LIVE in the presence of God are there an changes you need to make to hit the target?  Are your eyes truly fixed on the target? Are you equipped with the right tools  ( the Word of God) to accurately hi the bulls-eye? Are you spending "some" time with Jesus or are you practicing "Living" in HIS Presence?

Are you on target?

Humbly,
ruthann





No comments: