Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fall 2012 Beauty Tip


My mailbox is stuffed with over-sized catalogs. My inbox is engorged with advertisements for the new "must-have" clothes. Fall is almost upon us and the world is obsessed with what to wear this Fall of 2012.

I am not obsessed but I have sneaked a peek at what's "in" this Fall. I admit it.  I love the classic tweeds, textured knits, the rich earthy  hues of the season. I even like the trendy bright denims.   But don't get me started on the "skinny jean" craze (remember someone needs to remind me to  get in shape this year).

 I know I will hit the stores and pick up a new outfit, a bulky sweater or a pair of boots to freshen up the basics I already have in my wardrobe. I will pack up my little cotton skirts and flip flops and tees and replace them with heavier fabric garments. I will try on my long jeans and button-down shirts. I will be refreshed and at times frustrated by the process of shopping and changing over my closet.

However,as I survey my wardrobe I don't want to forget the most important basic I can possess...love!

And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all purpose garment. Never be without it.       Colossians 3:14 The Message

 During my quiet time with God last week HE impressed on me that my knowledge of love is still very shallow. I didn't get this impression in a condemning way but rather in a prompting that HE has SO MUCH MORE to show me about love.

   God is Love.  1 John 4:17 The Message

 The Word  became flesh and blood and moved into the neighborhood. John 1:14 The Message

So instead of pouring over fashion magazines to find the right garment  this Fall I am going to dig deeper than ever before into the life of Jesus. 

Jesus is LOVE. Jesus lived out on earth what HE is...Love!! That's the style I want to dress in so here I go shopping in the Word of God for a new garment of love. 

 Seeking HIS Beauty,
ruthann

No comments: