Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Sword of the Spirit

Happy Monday all!

My church is doing a series on the Bible. This Sunday, we talked about the war that's going on. Not in Afghanistan. Not in Iraq. Not in popular culture. But the same spiritual war I wrote about here.

Satan knows just how to temp us. He's been watching just which sins trip us up.

Even Christ was tempted (Matthew 4:1-11). And how did He handle it...."It  is written..." He quoted scripture right back at Satan.

I want to know my Bible like that.

My pastor talked about how when the Bible says that the Bible is the "sword of the Spirit" (Ephesians 6:17) the actual word in the original language is more like "dagger" than sword. Responding with truths from scripture is like taking deathly blows at Satan. It doesn't give temptation a stand.

I will know my Bible like that. Join me. Don't give temptation and sin a chance.

Have a wonderful week!
Jill


No comments: