Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

In the Valley

So, I took a vacation up to the mountains, and I find myself literally situated in a valley.  It's more appropriate than I can even explain.  I have to drive 20 miles for cell service, and anything else I might need. Like toilet paper. That was fun.

I'm surrounded by trees, which have nothing to do but produce oxygen and blow in the breeze.  They don't wonder about their purpose, they just are.

The deer wander around, going where ever they please.  They don't wonder if they are welcome, or if anyone wants them here.  They just show up.

The river just flows, without questioning or caring whether or not it's life sustaining value is noticed or appreciated.

I'm jealous.  Jealous that I don't have just one single purpose, and that I can't do it without feelings and a million other things getting in my way.   And overwhelmed.  Overwhelmed by the responsibilities that we have. The ones we take on because we have no choice.  The ones that we take on because we need the cash. The ones we take on because our personalities won't let us say no. The ones that we take on because no one else will. 

That's pretty much it. It's all I've got. I'm here for another few days. Hopefully long enough to get over myself, and come to grips with the fact that I'm not a tree, or a deer, or a river. To focus on all the blessings that come with responsibility.

Brooke




No comments: